Williams began portraying Jesse Hubbard on All My Children in 1981.
Darnell had a recurring role as the counsellor on the primetime drama Felicity, and worked as a director and acting coach for All My Children.
Jesse first appeared in Pine Valley, Pennsylvania in 1981 as the nephew of Dr. Frank Grant, who assumed custody after the death of his sister (Jesse’s mother). Angie first appeared in 1982, as the daughter of a well-to-do Pine Valley couple. Shortly after Angie’s first appearance on the show, they were paired with one another. Jesse and Angie were best friends to fellow super-couple Greg Nelson and Jenny Gardner. They are daytime television’s first African American super-couple, and arguably the two most popular African American characters in soap opera history
Elev8: What was the best time period for your characters?
“With all our juicy past…as Sinatra once so eloquently sang, The Best Is Yet To Come.’”
Elev8: What storyline would you have wished would continue?
“Hard to answer this one – there’s been so much I’ve enjoyed bringing to the fans.”
Elev8: What do you think people should know about your characters that we may have missed?
“His [Jesse’s] father was a big fan of the outlaw Jesse James…hence the name Jesse James Hubbard.”
Elev8: What have you learned over the years in your craft?
“Acting in this medium is the hardest job an actor will EVER have.”
Make sure to read: Debbi “Angie Hubbard” Morgan: ‘Our Characters Have Endured’
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
Jesse & Angie 'The Phenomenon'
1. Jesse & Angie The Begining1 of 17
2. Jesse & Angie 19822 of 17
3. Jesse & Angie 19843 of 17
4. The Birth of Frankie4 of 17
5. The Hubbard Family5 of 17
6. The Portrait of Highs and Lows In Family6 of 17
7. Jesse & Angie With Tad7 of 17
8. Dr. Angie Hubbard8 of 17
9. Angie Knew Prayer9 of 17
10. angie-and-jessie-working-it-out110 of 17
11. Jesse & angie Facing Another Challenge11 of 17
12. Angie & Jesse Talking as couple do12 of 17
13. Angie & Jesse Toasting13 of 17
14. Angie & Jesse Dancing14 of 17
15. Angie Looks at the Love Of Her Life15 of 17
16. Jesse & Angie Face The Truth Of Their Love16 of 17
17. Angie & Jesse Facing Th eFuture17 of 17
Click to the next page to view the conclusion to our exclusive interview.