Life change may seem to take years to achieve but there are steps you can walk today and in the next week that perhaps can change your life forever.
Most are little steps, but when combined together they can create big and lasting change.
Here are 7 ways to change your life in the next 7 days.
1. Change your words and phrases
One of the most effective ways to change your life is to change your attitude and mindset. And the best way to change your attitude and mindset is to remove certain words and phrases from your vocabulary and to replace them with others that are more positive.
It might take some time to remove negative phrases and words because you’ve gotten so used to them. But once you start using new words and phrases that are more positive, you’ll be surprised at how almost instantly people around you react differently and how you look at the world around you in a fresh way.
Your entire life changes without you having to change everything.
Here are some words and phrases to stop using:
– “It’s just one of those days.”
– “Same [crap], different day.”
– “Same old, same old.”
– “Pretty good.”
– “What’s the world coming to?”
– “Kids these days.”
– “I can’t.”
– “I don’t know.”
– “The good old days.” (thanks Tyler!)
– Hate – It’s such a powerful word that has become too common in our vocabulary.
– Retarded – I don’t know why people insist on using this word to describe something they don’t like or understand.
– Gay (requested by Max based on the same negative use as “retarded”)
For some ideas on what you can start saying to improve your life and make lasting, positive change, please read our article: 50 things to say before you die.
2. Count your blessings
We all get caught up and forget to reflect on how fortunate we are. So in the next 7 days take an hour and think about:
– What you’re glad to have experienced – sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s a bad experience, but it’s shaped who you are. For me, one thing I’m glad I experienced was poverty.
– What you’re fortunate to have – family, food, shelter.
– What you’re fortunate to not have – it could be sickness or debt.
Make sure to read: 15 Things You Shouldn’t Be Paying For
Make sure you are following @Elev8official for stories like this and more.