Halloween can be dangerous if you do not follow simple safety tips.
Read the Halloween Safety Rules and Guidelines below. When finished, scroll to the bottom of the page to begin playing the Official Halloween Safety Game!
- Always use common sense.
- Young children should always go trick-or-treating with an adult.
- Never trick-or-treat alone. Have at least 2 buddies go with you.
- Plan your entire route and make sure your family knows what it is.
- Make sure that you are wearing a flame retardant costume.
- Wait until you get home and your parents check your candy before you eat it.
- Be very cautious of strangers.
- Accept treats only in the doorway. Never go inside a house.
- Be sure and say thank you for your treats.
- Don’t play near lit jack-o-lanterns.
- Visit only houses where the lights are on.
- Walk, Do not run.
- Walk on sidewalks and driveways.
- Cross the street at the corner or in a crosswalk.
- Take a cellular phone with you if possible.
- Wear a watch.
- Carry a flashlight.
To Play The Halloween Safety Game, click here!
Make sure to read all our Halloween coverage: