The school bells are ringing all over our nation this week. The children are returning with glee in their hearts and hopefully a truck load of stories.
Parents are wondering what the school year will bring. Thirty years of research shows that children do better in school when their parents are involved. You must be a partner with your child’s teacher.
Some of the most important things you can do are to:
- Help with homework as needed and appropriate.
- Help your child learn the skills needed to manage time and stay on task.
- Ask teachers for clarification on instructions and assignments as needed.
- Talk about school matters with your student at home.
- Ask teachers what you can do to help your child at home.
At the same time, as your children get older, teachers expect them to be able to take on more responsibility and to function independently. Your child likely will want more and more autonomy as well. Help them build these skills while also continuing to be supportive.
What do you think? What are you planning?
Make sure to read our section entitled Pathways To Success for other tips.
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!