Millions of women, teens and young girls watched Rihanna‘s interview with Oprah and shed a tear, not for her, but because she in some way, shape or form has gone through something they have endured. She is human and so often we forget that she hurts the same way we do because of her fame and fortune. Rihanna opened up her soul for the OWN special, revealing things that no one would know unless you asked.
Despite reports that she and Chris Brown are currently dating, Rihanna reassured us that they are mending their friendship. She admits that she still loves him and it feels awkward when they see each other. No matter the public scrutiny they face, they are continuing to work on building trust. Rihanna believes that Chris Brown was the love of her life.
Once Rihanna renewed her relationship with her father she was able to forgive him.
Here’s the five most important quotes from the interview:
5. Nobody could feel that more than me. I was hurt the most. Nobody felt what I felt. It happened to me and it happened to me in front of the world. It was embarrassing, it was humiliating, it was hurtful it was. It’s not easy. I lost my best friend. Every thing I knew switched in a night and I couldn’t control that so I had to deal with that and that’s not easy for me to understand or interpret. And, it’s not easy to interpret on camera, not with the world watching. It was hard for me to even pay attention to my mind and figuring things out because now it became a circus and I felt protective. I felt like the only person they hate right now is him. It was a weird, confusing space to be in cause as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help and whose going to help him? Nobody’s going to say he’s needs help…everybody is going to say he’s a monster without looking at the source. I was more concerned about him.
4. I don’t like to tell people when I’m going through something because it’s human nature to keep that in mind when you see that person. You can see them two years from now and you will always remember that problem they went through.
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities:
3. [Are you comfortable with the title ‘role model’?] No. Because what society has made that title. It has become a title of perfection and that is something no one can achieve. I can’t say that I’ll get it right every time. I wish. I’m a work in progress.
2. It’s amazing how lonely you can feel and nobody understands and the moment you reach out and put your guard down and you’re vulnerable, somebody always reaches out and you know that you’re not alone and that they go through the same thing.
1. Marry someone who loves me more than I love them, because a woman will always give and they’ll always give even more than they need to. We’re selfish beings, its maternal even with a husband it will be that way with them as well. They’ll only meet you half way…if they love you a little more.
We are uncertain of the next chapter for Rihanna but we know she’ll be just fine as log as she stays true to herself!
RELATED STORIES: YOLO: Rihanna Gets Faded In Barbados! [PHOTOS]
RELATED STORIES: Rihanna & Oprah Cruise Around Barbados!