In June 2011, Forbes reported that Rihanna had earned $29 million between May 2010 and May 2011. In 2012, American magazine Time named Rihanna one of the most influential people in the world Rihanna was also ranked the fourth most powerful celebrity in 2012 with earnings of $53 million between May 2011 and May 2012, according to Forbes.
Her public lifestyle has lead to many a blog, tabloid, and now a tv special. We all read her tweets that are posted at random times of the night. If one thing is evident in today’s young Hollywood is that everything they do is lived on 100 in public. Right or wrong it is just the fact. When two young men end up brawling in a nightclub that you are not even present at, there is much to be said for that
Here are the 8 steps this young lady needs.
1 Get Over Yourself. We change the world by changing ourselves. Dwelling on how badly you were treated or rehashing a mistep doesn’t help you set the path. It helps you stay stuck. The sooner you get over you, the better it becomes. Define yourself as a helpless victim and you are labeled as such. Hang out with questionable people and you become questionable. You need to move on in life and work on being the person you want to be not, the person you define yourself as being.
2. Cut back on alcohol, cigarettes and other vices. These can be crutches that cloud judgment. If you are driven by a substance to have fun, maintain or relax then it controls you, not you controlling it. If you need help, there are places that can be discreet that can help you quit. Doing things because they are “culturally acceptable” does not mean they are good. It means that you are doing something because everyone else does it. Ask yourself the following questions: Do you ever question your own sanity? Do you ever find yourself drinking or lighting up to be steady or calm? Professionals can help you with this.
3.Learn from past mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. Usually, we make a lot of them during our lifetime. As long as they aren’t repeated too many times, and are looked at as a learning experience, they can in fact be a good thing in the long run. This applies to men. Even if he is your friend, maybe you should cut your losses and gather other friends.
4. Meet with a professional counselor if there are issues you need to discuss. Many people are struggling with dead weight from the past or emotional baggage that is holding them back. Deal with them and move on with professional assistance. We all have things we need to heal from. See tip #1.
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
5. Take an interest in art in your community. Young women all across the world look to you. Whether you concede to being a public role model or not is not relevant. The fact is that you are a role model. Do something with your public arena. Become the next Angelina Jolie. Work with young women who are victims of domestic violence. Publicly do something about that. Open half way homes, shelters or find ones that are struggling to survive. Chaka Khan started a lovely program. I am sure she could use your youth to help these young women. Your song to help Haiti was a moment to hold on to.
6. Stop touring. I know easier said then done. If you stop touring you can work on Items 1 through 5. It would keep you be relevant and raise your profile. Touring runs your metabolism down and puts your body in constant flight or fight mode. Your bidy can get strong and your mind stabilize from the constant physical demands. You quote Joyce Meyer frequently. It may be time to call Joyce up as adviser.
7. Change your inner circle. You are at a point in your career where you don’t need to hang out with the people who helped you up. Staying in a circle of negativity where people are negative and victim to vice does not help you with your issues. You can love them. You can call them, but you need to start the climb up to where you can be not where you are but where you want to be. There is no shame in broadening your horizons and circles.
8. Date up not down. I know this will be a hard one. The time has come young lady for you to move up in life. Taylor Swift is doing it. She is dating a Kennedy. Meagan Good did it. She married a pastor. It is time that you start dating with the focus on life time partner, not good time Charlie. Sure you can have a good time. It’s just time to have a better time. It’s about the quality, not the quantity.
Good luck girl you deserve good things. You are talent don’t waste what God gave you.