Want to do a quick home make-over? Short on cash? There’s no reason to buy new stuff; you already have everything you need. Here are some quick and cheap tips from realsimple.com:
1. Prop Up Art to Conceal Cords. Lean frames against a wall to hide wires and outlets. Layer them for extra impact.
2. Turn a Quilt Into a Headboard. Got a plain-Jane bed? Give it character―and warm it up, too―by draping a quilt over the frame.
3) Dress Up a Dresser With Ribbons. Don’t let all those scraps you’ve been saving from holidays and birthday parties go to waste. Transform a child’s bedroom by tying colorful ribbons around the knobs on a chest of drawers―or the stem of a lamp or the legs of a table.
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!
4) Hang Photos and Artwork on One Wall. Your family pictures have more impact when they’re grouped together. A word to the wise: Before you do any hanging, arrange the pieces on the floor to get a sense of how they’ll look on the wall. And never mind if the frames don’t match.
5) Stash Toiletries in Mismatched Tableware. Just because your vanity is a catchall for makeup doesn’t mean it can’t look put-together. Place a platter on top and fill it with seldom-seen china pieces, like a sugar bowl and a creamer, that can hold cotton balls, nail files, and brushes.