Chef G. Garvin – Prepared specialty drinks and recipes at the “Gold Peak Tea Splash Party” as part of the American Black Film Festival (ABFF)
Watch this video episode of “What’s Up With Downes?” Hosed by Robin Downes, enjoy Chef G. Garvin’s entertaining presentation for his Maryland Crab Cake recipe:
Recipe For Chef G. Garvin’s Maryland Crab Cakes:
1 pound lump crab meat
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Red Rooster hot sauce
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons parsley
2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon white cracked pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons red sautéed pepper
3 tablespoons green sautéed pepper
1 cup regular bread crumbs
1 cup Panco bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Add crab meat, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, Old Bay seasoning, white cracked pepper, and black pepper to a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir together.
3. Lightly coat a small frying pan with olive oil.
4. Cook red and green peppers just until they are wilted.
5. Let peppers cool for 5–10 minutes before adding crab meat mixture to the pan.
6. Add a few breadcrumbs.
7. Add one egg to the pan.
8. On a separate plate, mix together both types of breadcrumbs.
9. Remove crabmeat mixture from pan.
10. Take a one ounce portion of crabmeat mixture and coat it in the breadcrumbs. Make a patty.
11. In heated pan, add more olive oil as necessary. Fry each patty on each side until golden brown.
12. Serve with a touch of Dijon mustard.
Related ABFF articles: