Have you ever had one of those days when you just feel invisible? You might be standing in a crowded room or having lunch with a group of your friends, but despite being around others, you feel like no one notices you. Perhaps you are working hard at your job and are doing most everything right, but there is always someone else who gets more recognition than you. Even if it might appear like there is nothing that you can do, all you have to do is make yourself stand out with personality! By being yourself and exerting your best self to the world, there is nothing that you can’t do. The key to this situation is finding the confidence from within to change the way your life is going. Here are some strong ways for you to differentiate yourself from the crowd and alter your perception of yourself in the process! :
1. Know that you are a strong, independent woman. If you don’t know this about yourself, who else will? You have to get yourself back into the mindset of optimism in order to overcome any insecurities about not feeling noticed. Be the confident, self-assured person you know you are and people are sure to flock to you!
2. Keep smiling. Even if it’s just not your day and you don’t feel radiating warmth, sometimes just exercising your smile muscles can improve your mood! Also, if you smile at other people, a lot of times they will automatically return the gesture and perhaps this can transfer back to your sense of happiness. Keep your mind open, your smile wide, and you never know how much joy you might spread!
3. Speak your mind. While there is a difference between being arrogant and assertive, the latter is an important part of keeping a confident persona and showing that side of yourself to others. Don’t be afraid to share your ideas with others or you’ll have a ton of pent-up thoughts inside that might have been seen as insightful and interesting! If you don’t share who you truly are to others, how are they meant to know you?
4. Don’t cover up your talents. While modesty can be okay at certain times, as you don’t want to seem boastful, sharing your talents with others can help people get to know you better! If people ask about your job or your hobbies, don’t be shy – let them know about your love of writing or how you like to swim. There is no reason to hide the good attributes that you have, as it might be those ventures that make you shine!
5. Wear clothes and accessories that make you feel good. If you have a favorite shirt or pair of shoes that work well with your style, wear them out more often. Update your wardrobe with outfits that accentuate your best features and make sure to wear the colors that you enjoy best. The more confidence you have in yourself, the better you will stand out in a crowd and feel better about yourself and what you got!
In general, self-assurance and an air of optimism are the best ways to sell yourself as a strong, independent woman. In order to feel noticed and have others see your best features, you have to be comfortable with yourself and the way you naturally are. Keeping that smile on, even when you’re not feeling it, as well as keeping a strong presence in terms of voice and outer appearance, you are showing initiative and maturity that won’t go unnoticed! Share your talents and your insights with others, as well as never forget your inner confidence – being who you are speaks volumes and you know that you can move mountains. You just have to believe in yourself and what you are capable of.