Here are 8 tips to help you to discover how a little gratitude can create a lot of happiness and health in our lives:
1. Discover what you are grateful for: The real uncertainty we face about our economic future can make us quite fearful and sad. Locating those things for which we can still be grateful, brings joy even in the face of those challenges without pretending they are not real.
2. Talk about your gratitude: Tell a friend or loved one a story about something for which you are grateful. Don’t be surprised to find yourself smiling by the end of that story.
3. Observe the value in things you may have taken for granted: Consider the difference between wealth and value. While material wealth is important, it is not the only source of real value in our lives. We can all celebrate value, even when the material wealth in our lives is taking a beating.
4. Wealth begins from within: Value your self-worth and all that you posses in this moment.
5. It’s alright to be happy where you are while still being eager for more: Wanting more does not have to get in the way of enjoying what we already have. If it does, we will never have enough.
6. It’s all relative: A person who lives in a $100,000 house in a neighborhood of $75,000 homes experiences living in a mansion. The same house in a neighborhood of $500,000 homes may feel like a hovel.
7. Help yourself by helping others: The holidays are a great time to reach out to other people in need. And helping others address their needs is one of the best ways to relieve the anxiety we may feel about our own.
8. We all have something to give: No matter how difficult our circumstances may be, we can all offer support to those around us. Whether it’s a penny, a dollar, or much more, the act of giving always makes us feel as if we have more than we thought we had.
What are you grateful for? Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Sending positive vibes with an attitude of gratitude – Robin