Ok people, pipe it down, I know the title could be offensive, but ask yourself, is it true? Who fault is it really? The good news is, we can take control of the issue and lose the fat. By being overweight, it trickles down to our children who suffer the most.
There’s a new fitness trend today, maybe you’ve heard of it: suing fast food restaurants for making us fat. I don’t know about you, but I find that disgusting and irresponsible. We all want to blame weight problems on things like overloaded schedules, fatigue and boredom. Before you start playing the blame game, figure out what aspects of your life may be standing in the way of your weight loss.
Why We’re Fat
- Computers and the Internet
- Hours of mindless TV-watching
- Neighborhoods that aren’t exercise-friendly
- Technology that makes it possible to do everything from a chair
- Medical advances that let us off the hook (such as plastic surgery)
- Busy schedules
- Lack of physical activity in schools as well as easy access to junk food for kids
- Denial. Most people know that quick fix pills and gadgets don’t work but they keep trying them anyway to avoid exercise.
- Confusion. There are so many rules about eating and exercise that we allow ourselves to get overwhelmed by the choices and don’t do anything.
- We’re too literal. We believe if we can’t meet the standard exercise guidelines, why exercise at all?
- Our priorities are skewed. We want to look good and focus our energies on appearance rather than health and daily quality of life.
- Fear. Exercise is scary. We might do it wrong, we might fail, it might hurt…etc.
Of course, there are other factors involved with obesity, like genetics or certain conditions that prevent weight loss, but for most of us, we’re fat and there’s no excuse for it. If you’re tired of making excuses for your health, now is the time to take control. There are many ways to get it under control. You do not want to end up on The Biggest Loser. That is the last place so before that happens, push back from the table and start some cardio to get your heart pumping and fat moving.
Just get healthy folks and include your kids if you already see sign of obesity in them.