Students at Gordon College’s financial burdens will be lifted a little as a $75.5 million donation was gifted to the school for scholarships part of its 5-year campaign to meet student needs. It’s one of the largest donations ever given to a Christian liberal arts college, according to reports.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “ERICA” to 52140 to join our club. (Terms and conditions)
A press release states: “Faith Rising is a reflection of Gordon College’s continuing commitment to stretch the mind, deepen the faith and elevate the contribution our graduates make around the world,” said Dr. Michael Lindsay, president of Gordon College. “The landscape of private higher education is changing dramatically, and this campaign furthers our commitment to serving future generations while advancing our distinctive mission. Faith Rising assures Gordon will serve our students for the next 130 years and beyond.”
The anonymous donation will be put toward scholarships in hopes to lift a declining enrollment rate at the evangelical college.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
5 Must-See Jesus Statues Around The World [PHOTOS]
1. Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilSource:Getty 1 of 5
2. Cristo Rei in Lisbon, PortugalSource:Getty 2 of 5
3. Cristo de la Concordia in Cochabamba, BoliviaSource:Getty 3 of 5
4. Cristo della Minerva in Rome, ItalySource:Getty 4 of 5
5. Christ the King in Swiebodzin, PolandSource:Getty 5 of 5
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Pastor Who Was An Advocate For Mental Health Dies By Suicide
- LaShawn Daniels’ Wife April Speaks Out About The Loss Of Her Husband
- Tamela Mann Shows Off 40-Pound Weight Loss Following Double Knee Replacement Surgery [VIDEO]
Students At Evangelical Gordon College Awarded $75.5 Million In Scholarships was originally published on getuperica.com