Gluten is a hot topic these days. It seems to be in almost everything. To me that says something must be wrong with it. I decided to provide you with a few pointers explaining the benefits of avoiding gluten.
First I will define gluten.Gluten is the substance that gives dough its elasticity and makes pasta and bread chewy. Along with starch, gluten resides in the endosperm of seeds in the grass family (grains), where their purpose is to nourish the growing seedling as it sprouts. Unlike starch, which is pure carbohydrate, gluten is made up of glycoproteins — that is, sugars combined with proteins — mainly gliadins and glutenins, which come in a range of shapes and sizes themselves.
- Take Back Your Energy- Gluten is full of sugar, which will provide your body with temporary energy. Gluten will also spike your blood sugar, which leads to crashing of your blood sugar, which leads to no energy.
- Less Digestive Stress- Gluten may cause Celiac Disease. Which leads to inflammation and damage of the small intestines. This can also inhibit the body’s ability to absorb vital nutrients.
- Weight Loss- When you hear the word inflammation you should also hear the word obesity. Inflammation is a major cause of many chronic diseases including obesity.
- Improve Your Skin- Many skin problems work from the inside out. Rashes, hives, eczema and acne can all by symptoms of the immune system reacting to digestive trauma caused by gluten.
- Mental Clarity- Generally speaking, avoiding foods containing allergens and sticking with basic whole foods can lead to increased memory and concentration.
Other Related Articles:
Five Super Foods You Might Not Know About
Three Simple Healthy Meal Plans You Can Start Right Now
Five Foods You Can’t Say No To But Should
Three Tips For Rapid Weight Loss