Anna Golladay loves God and loved her job as an associate pastor at First Methodist Church. According to Fox 17, the superintendent of the ‘Scenic South District of the Holston Conference of The United Methodist Church’ revoked her license. During her interview she mentioned that she helped the church welcome the LGBTQ community.
Golladay said, “We started the revitalization process with an assumption of inclusion for GLBT folk and have not strayed from that and we knew that inclusion was going to very much be a part of our story.” She conducted a same sex wedding even though the Methodist church didn’t allow it.
She said, “If I am going to step out in faith knowing that I am potentially crossing a line based on the rules of a man-made book, I wanted to be intentional about that. I wanted to be sure that it was exactly what God intended me to do. I find it sad that the Church asks of me to be their pastor in always at all times, except for one day out of one year in their entire life. There’s something fundamentally wrong about that.” The decision has cost her the license and some of her church members are standing with her. We will keep you updated on this story.
- Meme Queen: Beyoncé Hits The Bill Cosby Leans During “On The Run II”
- H-O-R-S-E Play: Watch The Wildest Trick Shots From The 2018 NBA Season
- Airline Industry Seems Unable To Clean Up Its Act When It Comes To Racism
- This Video Of Superdads Saving The Day Will Warm Your Heart
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children
- Home Where Rosa Parks Once Lived To Be Auctioned Off
- Black AT&T Warehouse Workers Refuse To Give Up Protest Over Boss Accused Of Making A Noose
- That’s Not Christian! Faith Academy Accused Of School Racism In Federal Complaint
- Real Talk: Jada Pinkett Smith Remembers The Times She Had Suicidal Thoughts
- Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
Pastor Fired After Officiating Same-Sex Wedding [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com