Big Shiz, also known as LaShawn Daniels, talks about where the name “Big Shiz,” came from. The first time he flew out to California and he was scared to death of flying. When he and music partner Rodney Jerkins got off the plane, a man named Frank Edwards, whom had never met, greeted him warmly and exclaimed “Shiz!” He made him feel at home and welcome, and made sure he was taken care of during his stay. Then, he passed away abruptly, about a week later.
He says ever since that time, the nickname given to him by such a pure, kind-spirited man, stuck. Now, he says he thinks of it as not only a tribute to Frank, but as a reminder to the standard by which he seeks to operate. He talks about “Big Shiz” as a nod to ourselves as a growing, evolving beings, and an intentional departure from the formalness of his first name, “LaShawn.” Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- How Can The Church Do A Better Job Reaching Millennials?
- Why Is Easter Sunday Really Called Easter?
- “Saints & Sinners” Season 3 Returns Sunday, April 8 at 9pm ET/PT
- BeBe Winans On Why Whitney Houston Came To Stay With His Family
- Tamela And David Mann To Star In New TV One Original Christmas Movie ‘Merry Wishmas’
- Tiger’s Still The GOAT! He’s Back Playing His Best Golf In Years
- Jaden And Will Smith Are Using Their Water Company To Help Flint
- Jhene Aiko Drops Skincare Gems In Instagram Comments
- Tragic: Lightening Strikes Church In Rwanda, Killing 16
- Watch: Sterling K. Brown Kill It In ‘Black Panther’ Parody On His ‘SNL’ Debut, Adding To His Amazing Year