GRIFF discusses the challenges faced by people who suffer from abuse in church. Since that such trauma occurred to them in their church community, their abuser is someone their family knows and trusts. Consequently, people feel like they have to stay silent about the abuse. GRIFF breaks down how the surprising reason for that has more to do with feeling a desire to protect your loved ones, more than to keep the secret for ones own sake.
Then, GRIFF & Erica Campbell talk about how, as parents, they make sure such conditions don’t develop for their kids. She also details how her family made sure to teach her to decipher whether a situation was inappropriate or not. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Heartbroken Families Speak Out On Waffle House Shooting Victims: ‘The Pain Is Unbearable’
- Who’s Cutting Onions In Here? : Dwayne Johnson Shares Birth Of His 3rd Daughter On Social Media
- Faith Walking: His Will vs. My Desire [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- What Pastor Said That Blessed “Get Up” Listeners [EXCLUSIVE]
- Everything We Know About The Police Killing Of Danny Ray Thomas
- Legendary Black Boxing Champ Who Challenged White Supremacy Considered For A Pardon
- Family Says Katherine Jackson Is Doing Just Fine Despite Reports Of ‘Devastating Stroke’
- President Obama’s Grace Was On Full Display At Barbara Bush’s Funeral
- Jonathan Nelson Readies Next Recording Featuring Duet With Bebe Winans
- Wendy Williams Shades The Clark Sisters, The Gospel Community Responds [VIDEO]