Erica Campbell‘s sister, Shanta Atkins, is not only a singer, but the executive director of the organization “Love Changes Lives.” She also travels to help build up rural, underdeveloped communities. Shanta talks about her song, “God Sees You,” and how the inspiration for it came out of her work. At first, Shanta says, she she didn’t know it would be a song, and just started thinking about the experiences of the people she has worked with.
Shanta Atkins explains how she listens to and helps women dealing with hurt, and how simply listening begins a healing process. Shanta also talks about empowering those who are suffering in silence, and think they have to “shut up about it.” Shanta explains how people can seek help for themselves in this situation. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Heartbroken Families Speak Out On Waffle House Shooting Victims: ‘The Pain Is Unbearable’
- Who’s Cutting Onions In Here? : Dwayne Johnson Shares Birth Of His 3rd Daughter On Social Media
- Faith Walking: His Will vs. My Desire [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- What Pastor Said That Blessed “Get Up” Listeners [EXCLUSIVE]
- Everything We Know About The Police Killing Of Danny Ray Thomas
- Legendary Black Boxing Champ Who Challenged White Supremacy Considered For A Pardon
- Family Says Katherine Jackson Is Doing Just Fine Despite Reports Of ‘Devastating Stroke’
- President Obama’s Grace Was On Full Display At Barbara Bush’s Funeral
- Jonathan Nelson Readies Next Recording Featuring Duet With Bebe Winans
- Wendy Williams Shades The Clark Sisters, The Gospel Community Responds [VIDEO]