Big Shiz, (a.k.a. LaShawn Daniels) explains what he means when he says he’s “not becoming an artist,” despite the fact that he has created his own project. Instead, he says, this is a project he created because he felt compelled to say something. Big Shiz explains why he’s not putting traditional gospel music down by aiming to create hip-hop, and why he can’t risk the audience feeling like he’s trying.
“It’s a lot of cool people who love God,” Big Shiz says. Big Shiz talks about doing “I Luh God,” and why he’s hesitant with being heavy-handed with “trap gospel” sounds on the new project. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this interview on “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Heartbroken Families Speak Out On Waffle House Shooting Victims: ‘The Pain Is Unbearable’
- Who’s Cutting Onions In Here? : Dwayne Johnson Shares Birth Of His 3rd Daughter On Social Media
- Faith Walking: His Will vs. My Desire [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- What Pastor Said That Blessed “Get Up” Listeners [EXCLUSIVE]
- Everything We Know About The Police Killing Of Danny Ray Thomas
- Legendary Black Boxing Champ Who Challenged White Supremacy Considered For A Pardon
- Family Says Katherine Jackson Is Doing Just Fine Despite Reports Of ‘Devastating Stroke’
- President Obama’s Grace Was On Full Display At Barbara Bush’s Funeral
- Jonathan Nelson Readies Next Recording Featuring Duet With Bebe Winans
- Wendy Williams Shades The Clark Sisters, The Gospel Community Responds [VIDEO]