A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- 6 Things That Could Help You Read The Bible More Effectively
- Alabama Chick-fil-A Opens On A Sunday To Fulfill The Wish Of Boy Living With Autism And Cerebral Palsy
- Get Up! News Roundup: Serena Williams Wins Her First Australian Open Match, Iyanla Vanzant Reveals She Turned Down To Help R. Kelly & More
- Stellar Awards 2019: The Nominees Are In!
- Pastor Gunned Down While Opening The Church Doors For Service
- Casey J To Release New Album, ‘The Gathering’
- Michael B. Jordan Surprises Students At High School In Hometown And Inspires Them To Follow Their Passion [VIDEO]
- Dr. Jamal Bryant Speaks About The Importance Of Helping Bennett College & How Morehouse College Helped Him
- Brian Courtney Wilson Releases New Song, “Increase My Faith” [VIDEO]
- Lawmakers In Florida File Bill That Require Schools To Teach Courses On The Bible And Religion
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria JohnsonSource: 1 of 6
2. The Walls GroupSource: 2 of 6
3. Marvin SappSource: 3 of 6
4. Tina CampbellSource: 4 of 6
5. Anita WilsonSource: 5 of 6
6. JJ HairstonSource: 6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com