A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Tisha Campbell-Martin And Duane Martin Divorcing After 27 Years Of Marriage
- Florida Man Sentenced To Death For What He Did To An 8-Year-Old Girl He Met At Walmart
- One Gospeled-Out Version Of The National Anthem Will Have You Taking A Knee
- True Hollywood Bible Stories: Jesus Feeds The Masses [EXCLUSIVE]
- Quincy Jones’ Daughters Held An Intervention For Him After His Recent Interview “Wordvomit”
- The Number Of Black Folks Dying From Alcohol, Drugs And Suicide May SHOCK You
- #SchoolGoals: Teachers & Students Rep Wakanda In The Classroom
- Roxanne Shanté Biopic ‘Roxanne Roxanne’ Finally Drops A Trailer
- Black Self Hate On Full Display In Texas As ‘Racist’ Email Targets Nigerian Candidate
- St. Jude To Build Advanced Research Center