The verdict is in. You can’t get much worse than these five foods. They fall under my all time list of guilty pleasure grub. I don’t think you’re going to like it but check it out anyway. First, let me define trans fat because you will be hearing this word frequently within this blog.
Trans fat- an artery-clogging fat that is formed when vegetable oils are hardened into margarine or shortening. It is found in many other foods besides margarine and shortening, however, including fried foods like french fries and fried chicken, doughnuts, cookies, pastries and crackers. In the United States, typical french fries have about 40 percent trans fatty acids and many popular cookies and crackers range from 30 percent to 50 percent trans fatty acids. Doughnuts have about 35 percent to 40 percent trans fatty acids.(Mercola.)
- Donuts – Many donuts are fried, full of trans fats, sugar and white flower. They usually provide 200-300 empty, toxic calories. Donuts are a terrible way to start the day. They’ll spike you’re blood sugar setting you up for a long day full of blood sugar peaks and valleys.
- Soda – The average soda is full of garbage as well, 10 teaspoons of sugar, 30 to 55 mg of caffeine and 150 worthless calories. The diet sodas are the worst because they’re laced with ASPARTAME (Look it up you won’t like it).
- French Fries – Are another way to wreck the blood sugar levels. French fries cooked in polyunsaturated fats (soybean, safflower, corn, canola) leads to the development of numerous cancer causing free radicals.
- Chips – You can’t have just one chip for a reason. Once again trans fats are the problem here. The excessive temperatures used to cook these chips can lead to the development of various carcinogenic substances.
- Fried Non-Fish Seafood – First you have the trans fats, then you have more carcinogenic substances and finally a nice dose of , toxic mercury. Shellfish have parasites and viruses that may be resistant to the high temperatures used to cook these shellfish.
Other Related Articles: