You know the love is real when you can’t help but thank God with song…
The cast of The Color Purple were in that moment after the final curtain call of the stage play. They sang Richard Smallwood’s “Total Praise,” and did it so much justice; you could literally feel their words. Off the video alone! Can you imagine the chill of the echoed theater?
Before shouting out their special guests of Clintons (yep, Hillary came through), they broke out into the most churchiest song as a part of their closing statement about the importance of love. God shows us the most love, so this made total sense.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text BMORE to 52140 to join our text club!
- Keyondra Lockett Becomes First Gospel Artist To Get Her Own Doll
- Kirk Franklin’s Daughter Gets Married [PHOTOS]
- Pastor William Murphy’s dReam Center Church Starts A Prayer Movement For Kim Burrell
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisebaltimore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Color Purple Opened On Broadway, And We Feel Like We Went To Church And Got A Good Word
1. Danielle Brooks during curtain call1 of 13
2. Jennifer Hudson during curtain call2 of 13
3. Cynthia Erivo and Joaquina Kalukango3 of 13
4. Jennifer Hudson4 of 13
5. Danielle Brooks and Uzo Aduba5 of 13
6. Jennifer Hudson, Cynthia Erivo and Danielle Brooks6 of 13
7. Samira Wiley and Gabrielle Sidibe7 of 13
8. Jennifer Hudson (who plays the role of ‘Shug’ and Margaret Avery (who played the role of ‘Shug Avery’ in the film)8 of 13
9. (L-R) David Otunga Jr, Jennifer Hudson, Nephew of Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga9 of 13
10. ‘Orange is The New Black’ cast Laverne Cox, Selenis Leyva, Samira Wiley, Danielle Brooks, Adrienne Moore, Uzo Aduba, and Lea DeLaria10 of 13
11. Samira Wiley, Taylor Schilling, Uzo Aduba and Yael Stone11 of 13
12. Laverne Cox and Danielle Brooks12 of 13
13. Danielle Brooks13 of 13
‘The Color Purple’ Cast Closes Out Final Show Singing “Total Praise” [VIDEO] was originally published on praisebaltimore.com