First Lady Michelle Obama is a wise woman. She would need to be wise. She is raising two young ladies who by all accounts have become fine young ladies. She has been supportive to the wives and families of our armed forces serving and retired. This all takes a certain amount of grace, awareness and spiritual health.
You may not agree with policies of the White House, but you can agree with these wise words below.
Never Underestimate Yourself
‘You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.’
Don’t Feed Into Negativity
‘One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.’
Helping Others Matters
‘We learned about dignity and decency – that how hard you work matters more than how much you make… that helping others means more than just getting ahead yourself.’
Be careful who you surround yourself with
‘Choose people who lift you up.’
Pass on dignity and respect
‘I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity.’
Related stories that you may enjoy are listed below:
- Michelle Obama’s Op-Ed On Girls’ Education Just Inspired Me To Do Better
- “Stay Hungry:” Michelle Obama Delivers Emotional Graduation Speech At Chicago High School
A Look Back: Michelle Obama’s Best Looks At Past State Of The Union Addresses
1. The State Of The Union Address In 2009.
1 of 7
2. The State Of The Union Address In 2010.
2 of 7
3. The State Of The Union Address In 2011.
3 of 7
4. The State Of The Union Address in 2012.
4 of 7
5. The State Of The Union Address In 2013.
5 of 7
6. State Of The Union Address in 2014.
6 of 7
7. State Of The Union Address 2015.
7 of 7
Make sure to join our Facebook Family