Erica and Warryn Campbell are a beautiful black couple with a wonderful black family. When you talk with them you are struck by their testimony. We know Erica Campbell as half of the successful Grammy winning with Mary Mary. And many of us know Warryn Campbell from his successful career in music.
Warryn Campbell began working in the music industry when he was in his late teens. Early in his career, he performed with the group New Vision, and played several instruments. Shorty after, he began focusing on music production and as they say, the rest is history.
The superstar music couple is committed to putting their best foot forward and helping the world be a better place. That is why when asked to join Proctor & Gamble’s My Black Is Beautiful #MyBlackMan they were happy to.
I sat down to chat with the couple about the true meaning of Fatherhood and the program and they were honest, funny and thoughtful.
Elev8: Why did you choose to be part of this #myblackisbeautiful?
Erica: I have been blessed to have these wonderful great men in my life. I mean truly blessed. My father was a good man and my husband is a great man. How could I not? (Laughs)
Warryn: For me it’s really about celebrating the black man. I have great black en to celebrate. It is also a great thing to celebrate the good in our community. This was jyst a great opportunity to do this.
Elev8: So what is your greatest Father’s Day memory or tradition?
Warryn: Wow, I have a few great memories. I love my grandfather and have always had agreat memories. My grandfather is a great coo.We would have these great meal spreads.If you ever saw it, it looked like something out of a tv scene.(Laughs)
Elev8: How has that shaped your tine with your son?
Warryn: Well, I have a son and I make sure hat I make sure that he spends that time with is grandfather and hears those pearls of wisdom. I make sure that he is spending great time reverencing his grandfather.
Elev8: How about you Erica? What do you recall or experience now?
Erica: Well we get together and its the one day we can serve the men and really treat them. I remember the first time we did that. It was so nice. We get together and we have these special memories.
Elev8: What do you think we miss when reflecting on Father’s day?
Warryn: We need to celebrate when we do great things. We can be happy and share those good things.
Erica: Celebrate the men in your life! Celebrate the love.
Watch The Campbell’s talk greatness below:
The Grooming My Black Man For Greatness then is for those men that may need a little help in that are, whether its a son, nephew, cousin or brother who needs the assistance. Or, it might be your man, in which case, there’s certainly incentive for a man to improve his overall grooming. Click here for more info on My Black Is Beautiful.
Don’t miss these great stories:
- Erica and Warryn Campbell Talk Grooming Black Men In ‘My Black Is Beautiful’ Campaign
- Erica Campbell “I Luh God” [MUSIC VIDEO PREMIERE]
- Erica Campbell Discusses Starting Church With Her Husband, Controversial New Single & More
Check out Erica’s great fashion moments below!
Erica Campbell The Fashion Star
1. Erica Campbell 2014 BET award1 of 59
2. Promotional Photo2 of 59
3. Erica In Yellow3 of 59
4. Erica Campbell Spring Look4 of 59
5. Gospel 20145 of 59
6. Erica Campbell6 of 59
7. BET Gospel 20147 of 59
8. Center Stage and Solo8 of 59
9. Erica and Tina9 of 59
10. Erica and Tina10 of 59
11. Erica Supporting A Friend11 of 59
12. Attending Movie Premiere12 of 59
13. Erica and Tina Win!13 of 59
14. Erica and Tina Grammys 200514 of 59
15. Erica and Tina15 of 59
16. Erica Campbell BET Awards 200516 of 59
17. Erica in red17 of 59
18. Mary Mary 2006 Grammys18 of 59
19. Erica Campbell in 200719 of 59
20. Erica Campbell and husband Waryn 200720 of 59
21. Erica and Tina BET Award 200821 of 59
22. Erica Campbell 2008 Essence Festival22 of 59
23. Erica Campbell 200823 of 59
24. Erica Campbell UNCF 200924 of 59
25. Erica Campbell 200925 of 59
26. Erica Campbell BMI Luncheon 201026 of 59
27. Erica Holding Winning Grammy at Grammys 201027 of 59
28. Mary Mary Grammys 201028 of 59
29. Erica Holding Winning Grammy at Grammys 201029 of 59
30. Erica Campbell At Sirius 201330 of 59
31. Erica Campbell 27th Chicago Gospel Festival31 of 59
32. Mary Mary Grammys 201032 of 59
33. Erica Holding Winning Grammy at Grammys 201033 of 59
34. Erica Campbell 27th Chicago Gospel Festival34 of 59
35. Erica Smiling at Lylas Premiere35 of 59
36. Erica Campbell 2013 Grammys Red Carpet36 of 59
37. 2014 BMI Luncheon37 of 59
38. Erica Campbell 2011 LIVE38 of 59
39. 2013 Summer Concert39 of 59
40. Erica Campbell 2014 Stellars Red Carpet40 of 59
41. Erica Campbell 2011 LIVE41 of 59
42. Momma Erica and Krista 2014 Grammys42 of 59
43. Erica Campbell In Black43 of 59
44. Grammys 201444 of 59
45. Erica Campbell Glowing45 of 59
46. Erica Campbell Mary Mary 2012 Season46 of 59
47. Erica Campbell 2012 Essence Festival47 of 59
48. Erica Campbell 2012 Rhythm & Soul Awards48 of 59
49. 2012 In Blue49 of 59
50. Erica Campbell 201250 of 59
51. Stellar Awards 2013 In white51 of 59
52. Erica 2013 Stellar Awards In Black52 of 59
53. Erica Campbell 365 Awards53 of 59
54. Erica Campbell Go Get It Signing54 of 59
55. Erica Campbell 365 Awards55 of 59
56. Erica Campbell In Neutral56 of 59
57. Erica Campbell In Neutral57 of 59
58. Erica Campbell At Sirius 201358 of 59
59. Erica Campbell At Sirius 201359 of 59
Make sure that you are part of our Facebook Family