Every now and then a movie comes through that the family should watch. Tomorrw we get the movie ‘Black Or White’ on dvd.
Oscar® winners Kevin Costner* and Octavia Spencer** co-star in this touching comedy-drama based on real events. When two grandparents, Elliott (Costner) and Rowena (Spencer), engage in a heated custody dispute over their beloved granddaughter, the ensuing legal battle forces them to confront their true feelings on race and forgiveness.
You can lead discussion in your house with the following questions:
Can people from two seemingly different worlds find common ground when nothing is as simple as black or white?
How do talk with people who are set in their ways?
How do you learn from difficult situations?
Does everyone deserve forgiveness and love? Do you put boundaries on it? What do those boundaries look like?
What is family really? How do you determine it?
The release will have the following special features:
- Shades of Gray: The Making of Black or White
- Kevin Costner Featurette (Blu-ray only)
- Family First Featurette (Blu-ray only)
- Theatrical Trailer
- Digital HD (Blu-ray only)
Make sure to read:
- Viola Davis Will Play Hero Harriet Tubman In HBO Biopic
- The One On One Interview With Mo’Nique About Blackbird And Love That Will Inspire You
- Mahalia Jackson Biopic Exclusive Details