Icon Dionne Warwick has had many hits over her decades long career. Now she, like Aretha, has recorded a new project Feels So Good, a duets CD that includes collaborations with Ruben Studdard, Ziggy Marley, CeeLo Green, Ne-Yo and more.
“It was a wonderful project to do,” says Warwick. “Each of my duet partners decided which song they wanted to sing with me and that’s what’s represented on the CD. Songs include “A House Is Not a Home” (with Ne-Yo) a reggae version of “Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head” with Ziggy Marley and “Deja Vu,” with Jamie Foxx.
Despite her array of classic hits, Warwick says that the artists decided which songs they wanted to do and there was no overlap with more than one artists wanting the same song. A highlight of the CD is Warwick’s duet with Gladys Knight on “I Know I’ll Never Fall In Love.” Warwick also performed duets with her son, David Elliot, and granddaughter.
Here’s a track listing:
- Close To You (feat. Mýa)
- A House Is Not a Home (feat. Ne-Yo)
- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (feat. Ziggy Marley)
- Message To Michael (feat. Cyndi Lauper)
- Every Once In a While (feat. Eric Paslay)
- Déjà Vu (feat. Jamie Foxx)
- Feels So Good (feat. Cee Lo Green)
- I Know, I’ll Never Love This Way Again (feat. Gladys Knight)
- This Guy/This Girl’s In Love With You (feat. Phil Driscoll)
- You’ll Never Get To Heaven If You Break My Heart (feat. Ruben Studdard)
- Let There Be Love (feat. Cheyenne Elliott)
- Hope Is Just Ahead (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus)
- Windows of the World (feat. David Elliott)
- A House Is Not a Home (feat. Ne-Yo) [Extended Version]
Listen to “A House Is Not A Home” here:
Click the link above to hear the entire interview!