Summertime is a great time to accentuate your natural beauty. But which products should you be using?
Summer beauty is all about obtaining a natural glow, and bronzer can help achieve it.
To perfect a sun-kissed look, use either cream or powder bronzer and a brush: apply across your hairline, the hollows of your cheeks, and your jawline. Don’t forget to blend!
As far as highlighters, add a bit of sculpted shimmer to your skin by applying highlighter to the top of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, the center of your forehead, your chin, the inner corners of your eyes, and your brow bone.
For added light, consider mixing liquid or cream highlighter with liquid or cream face moisturizer.
Tinted moisturizers, preferably with SPF, can balance your skin, leave a flawless finish, and can be much more heat-friendly than traditional foundations.
Makeup likes to melt in summer heat. Beat the mess of lipsticks by applying a lip stain, which will leave a sheer sweep of matte color on your lips, and even on your eyelids and cheeks.
Waterproof mascara is a year-round favorite. But no need to go heavy. Consider using a lighter formula, even a clear mascara, to help keep your lashes naturally defined and your brows well-groomed.
5 Do’s For Healthy Summertime Skin
- Remove your makeup every night using moisturizing makeup wipes or a makeup-removing solution
- Clean and tone your skin morning and night
- Apply a light moisturizer that’s right for your skin type (and that contains SPF, if possible)
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day
- Don’t party so hard that you don’t get in your 7-8 hours of sleep every night!