Queen of Inspirational Soul Ann Nesby released her latest album Living My Life.
It marks Nesby’s seventh solo, studio album. CEO of Arrow Records, Pastor Taffi Dollar, expressed her enthusiasm about Living My Life’s release saying, “It’s wonderful to have the opportunity to work with an artist of Ann’s caliber because she sets the bar so high! I’m really proud of what we’ve been able to create and I can’t wait for the public to hear it”!
The up-tempo song,“Living My Life” seeks to uplift and inspire listeners, showcases Ann’s robust, unmistakable vocals. The track was produced by Kendrick Dean, who has worked with other world-class artists including Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige and Tyrese, along with Brandon Alexander and DJ Terry Hunter. On producing “Living My Life” Dean offers, “I’ve been fortunate to work with many platinum selling artist throughout my career. Working with Ms. Ann has definitely been a highlight for me. Her voice is a staple in time. She leaves you begging for more”.
In addition to her successes in the gospel world with albums such as In The Spirit and The Lula Lee Project Nesby is well loved for her GRAMMY nominated smash duet with Al Green “Put it On Paper” as well as “Loving Is Really My Game,” a #1 Billboard Dance chart hit.
She took a few moment out to chat about life God and who she is.
E8: What do you hope people can learn from your career path?
I hope people learn to never give up on their dreams no matter how long it takes to accomplish what they’ve set out to do. And not to allow others to hinder them from reaching their goals.
E8:mWhat has been your greatest lesson in life?
The greatest lesson I have learned is to love unconditionally, forgive, and always give back.
E8:Who is your hero and why?
My first hero is my mother, First Lady Shirley Temple Bennett, she taught me the true meaning of God’s love and forgiveness.
E8:What encourages you to get up and go on? Do you have a mantra?
My commitment to God encourages me to get up and go on. My mantra is “What’s Done From The Heart reaches the Heart.”
E8: What is the mist shocking fact about you that people don’t know?
Most people don’t know I’m a board certified cosmetologist.
E8: What do you want to do this year?
I want to have a successful run with my new project, tour the world, and secure some new movie/television roles this year.
E8:How has this project/ time in your life changed you and made you better?
Working on this project, I have learned new ideas and concepts from young producers and artist. I’ve also been allowed the opportunity to reflect on my 25 year career and realize how truly blessed I am to remain relevant in this ever changing music industry.
E8:What do you want your fans to know?
First and foremost, I want my fans to know that I love them. I will always remain true to my craft and give them the very best that I have to offer musically, spiritually, and emotionally.
With this project I was fortunate enough to explore several genres of music, and “wet the pallet” different music listeners. I don’t believe music consumers should be pigeon holed when it comes to their selection of music. People with varied musical taste should definitely purchase this project. They won’t be disappointed!
Here is just a taste of who she is:
Make sure to read:
- Bubby Fann “Great God” [NEW MUSIC]
- Dorinda Clark Cole “You Are” [NEW MUSIC]
- BEHIND-THE-PRAISE: Issac Carree: “Can’t Nobody Tear Down My House But Me”
- Mississippi Mass Choir Celebrates 25 Years With New Album “Declaration Of Dependence” [NEW MUSIC]
BET Celebration Of Gospel 2014
1. Fonzworth Bentley And Faune A. Chambers1 of 60
2. Judge Mablean2 of 60
3. goo-goo-atkins13 of 60
4. Tamela Mann On Stage4 of 60
5. Deitrick Haddon's LXW5 of 60
6. Erica Campbell6 of 60
7. Erica Campbell7 of 60
8. Vashaw Mitchell and Chante Moore8 of 60
9. Chante Moore Solo9 of 60
10. Tasha Cobbs10 of 60
11. SWV11 of 60
12. Yolanda Adams12 of 60
13. India Arie13 of 60
14. Eddie Levert14 of 60
15. Johnatahan McReynolds15 of 60
16. Kem and Le'Andria Johnson16 of 60
17. Taraji P Henson17 of 60
18. Le'Andria Johnson18 of 60
19. Erica Campbell Praising19 of 60
20. Zacardi Cortes20 of 60
21. Lalah Hathaway21 of 60
22. Tye and Charlie Bring It Home22 of 60
23. Tasha Cobbs Red Carpet23 of 60
24. Taraji P. Henson Red Carpet24 of 60
25. Omarosa Red Carpet25 of 60
26. Chante Moore Red Carpet26 of 60
27. Rebecca Crews27 of 60
28. Tasha Cobbs in red28 of 60
29. Donnie Teaching29 of 60
30. Hezekiah Walker Delivery30 of 60
31. Hezekiah Walker31 of 60
32. JJ Hairston32 of 60
33. Candice Glover33 of 60
34. Lalah Hathaway posing34 of 60
35. Charlie Wilson and Kem35 of 60
36. Richard Smallwood36 of 60
37. Kem37 of 60
38. Tye Tribett38 of 60
39. Leandria Johnson Posig For cameras39 of 60
40. Leandria Johnson40 of 60
41. Deitrick Haddon41 of 60
42. Goo Goo Atkins42 of 60
43. Mahin and Charlie Wilson43 of 60
44. Anita Wilson44 of 60
45. Fonzworth Bentley and Faune A. Chambers45 of 60
46. Charles King46 of 60
47. Faune A Chambers47 of 60
48. Rance Allen Group48 of 60
49. Jonathan McReynolds fashion forward49 of 60
50. Deitrick Haddon and daughter Desti Monet50 of 60
51. Judge Mablean51 of 60
52. Micah Stampley and wife Heidi52 of 60
53. Tamela Mann striking a pose53 of 60
54. Jo'Rel Quinn54 of 60
55. Erica Campbell with daughter Krista Campbell55 of 60
56. Kenny Lattimore56 of 60
57. Tamela Mann Red Carpet Best57 of 60
58. Lynn Harris and Stephen Hill58 of 60
59. Yolanda Adams In Silver59 of 60
60. Chorus Of Light60 of 60