Here’s a deliciously clever take on an all-time classic family dish…
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 can (about 4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
½ cup refrigerated pesto sauce
8 lasagna noodle, cooked and drained
2 cup Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or Tomato, Basil & Garlic Italian Sauce
¾ cup Pace® Picante Sauce
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
1. Stir the ricotta, mushrooms and pesto in a medium bowl.
2. Top each noodle with 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture. Spread to the edges. Roll up like a jelly roll.
3. Place the rolls seam-side down in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
4. Stir the Italian sauce and picante sauce in a small bowl and pour the mixture over the roll-ups.
5. Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes or until they’re hot and bubbling. Top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com