Flavorful and nutritious, this recipe will make your entire family smile.
- Be sure to buy “dry” sea scallops. “Wet” scallops, which have been treated with sodium tripolyphosphate (STP), are not only mushy and less flavorful, but will not brown properly.
- Place sliced almonds in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
6 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup apple cider
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 pound dry sea scallops (see Shopping Tip), tough muscle removed
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8 cup mixed salad greens
1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith, diced
1/4 cup dried cranberry
1/4 cup sliced almond, toasted (see Tip)
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and curry powder and cook, stirring, until the shallot is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add cider and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 4 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and whisk in 2 teaspoons oil and vinegar. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing in a small bowl. Wipe out the pan.
2. Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat over medium-high. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add salad greens, apple, cranberries and almonds to the large bowl; toss to coat. Top with the scallops and drizzle with the reserved 1/4 cup dressing.
Article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com
BET Cancels Celebration Of Gospel
Spiritual Best Seller Book 'The Shack' To Be Movie Starring Idris, Forest And Oprah
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe
Why Men Love Women Who Cook
A Look At What Drug Addiction Has Done To The Debarge Family
Bishop Carlton Pearson Addresses Rumors: 'I Am Not Gay' [Open Letter]
Who Is Dominique Haddon? What You Need To Know About Deitrick Haddon's Wife
Top 10 Latinos Who Changed Their Names For Hollywood