Among blacks, there are mixed feelings about our image in popular media. The NewsOne team went to the heart of Harlem in New York City to find out what the average person on the street thinks about how blacks are portrayed in music, movies and on television. They offered comments on everything from The Real Housewives to Tyler Perry and Hip Hop.
Check out more of our “On the Corner” series:
- How Can Black People Achieve True Wealth?
- Trayvon Martin Supporters Take Over NYC’s Union Square
- On The Corner: Whitney Houston Funeral In Newark
- Tears And Praise For “Jersey Girl” Whitney Houston
- 12-Year-Old Leads March Against Gun Violence & Drugs In Harlem