The two sisters gave exclusive details on what to expect from the series as well as intimate insight on how they managed to undertake some of the toughest trials and tribulations of their lives.
“You see our faith shine, but it was not easy at all– and it won’t look easy watching it,” said Erica about the series. “A lot of people will see themselves. There was so much damage and yet still so much work to be done. I learned that every wound doesn’t have to leave a scar that remains for the rest of your life.”
While known for spreading the gospel of encouragement, the Campbell sisters reveal that they are also in need of uplifting as Tina handles her husband’s infidelity, Erica ruptures her vocal cords and both sisters cope with their father’s untimely passing. The relationship with their manager, Mitchell Solarek, also begins to take a tumultuous turn, proving that the sentiment “when it rains it pours” holds true.
“I still believe in God and love,I will not live in the horrible space of ‘I’m going to fix him’ or ‘I hate men and marriage.’ You do that for a moment and realize it doesn’t undo anything.”- Tina
“I’ve always been her protector, We are ride or die for each other. When she hurts, I hurt.”- Erica
Check your local listings and join us!
Now take a look at 29 facts about the sisters you may have never known!
Mary Mary Facts
1. Mary Mary Started As Background Singers1 of 23
2. In 2000 they were the First!2 of 23
3. American Music Awards 20013 of 23
4. Mary Mary's Names Are NOT Mary!4 of 23
5. Thankful (2000), was certified Platinum5 of 23
6. They are close in age.6 of 23
7. Mary Mary's Stylist is Sister Goo Goo7 of 23
8. All eight Atkins children have been on Bobby Jones Gospel8 of 23
9. The sisters have done traveling plays.9 of 23
10. Mary Mary have 7 Albums To Their Credits10 of 23
11. They each love fashion.11 of 23
12. They still share a a last name12 of 23
13. 2005 Heaven And Yesterday Become Chart hits13 of 23
14. Their reality show is a big success!14 of 23
15. Erica and Tina have an autobiography15 of 23
16. They hosted the 2013 Stellar Awards16 of 23
17. Mary Mary Go Reality17 of 23
18. Mary Mary works hard.18 of 23
19. They continue to tour.19 of 23
20. Mary Mary at 2014 Gospel Superbowl20 of 23
21. They have a number of awards21 of 23
22. 2008-bet-awards22 of 23
23. The music industry embraces their takent23 of 23
What was your favorite moment this season? Make sure that you have read all these discussion points. They are not just recaps but real talking points!