Let me not front like I am an unbiased reporter. I am uber excited that my alma mater, Dear Old Morehouse, has enacted a new dress code that bans brothers from wearing everything from grillz to high heels. Already gangstas and gay dudes are calling it discrimination, but I call it a private college…for men.
Here’s the policy and it applies pretty much everywhere except inside of a dorm room:
1. Caps, do-rags or hoods in classrooms, the cafeteria, or other indoor venues. This policy item does not apply to headgear considered as a part of religious or cultural dress.
2. Sun glasses or “shades” are not to be worn in class or at formal programs, unless medical documentation is provided to support use.
3. Decorative orthodontic appliances (e.g. “grillz”), be they permanent or removable, shall not be worn on the campus or at College-sponsored events.
4. Jeans at major programs such as, Opening Convocation, Commencement, Founder’s Day or other programs dictating professional, business casual attire, semi-formal or formal attire.
5. Clothing with derogatory, offensive and/or lewd messages either in words or pictures.
6. Tops, bottoms and feet coverings should be worn at all times.
Other Related Articles: