He is also the President of the Council of Churches of the City of New York representing 1.5 million Protestants, Anglicans and Orthodox Christians. He sits on the NYC Economic Development Corporation Board, served on NYC School Chancellor’s Advisory Cabinet and Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s 2001 Transition Team.
- A. R. Bernard Sr. is the President of the Council of Churches of the City of New York representing 1.5 million Protestants, Anglicans and Orthodox Christians.
- Member, Board of Directors for the NYC Economic Development Corporation
- Member, Chancellor’s cabinet of the New York City Department of Education
- Commission of Religious Leaders: CORL – a think tank composed of the head of the New York Board of Rabbis, head of the New York Archdiocese of the Catholic Church, and the President of the Council of Churches of the City of New York
- Religious Advisory Council of the New York Police Department under Commissioner Raymond Kelly
- Served as Member of the NYC Police Department Advisory Board of Courtesy Professionalism and Respect under Commissioner Howard Safir
- Served as a member of the Association of Chaplains of New York State of the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Police
- Chairperson for the Billy Graham Final Crusade
- In 2008 Bernard led a successful bid to purchase one of the nations largest Mitchell Lama Housing Developments “Starrett City, Brooklyn, NY”.
Make sure to read: