In the wake of the Trayvon Martin tragedy, there’s an overwhelming sense that African-American life is not valued.
But, it does matter. It matters to Elev8.com, it matters to your loved ones, and it matters to generations to come. According to Psalm 139, we are all already loved just the way we are. In verse 14, the psalmist cries out “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” When God created us, He made us exactly the way He planned. When He designed us, before we were even in our mother’s womb, He planned our size, the color of our eyes, and the color of our skin, everything about us!
That makes us a worthy special creation! That means NO ONE has the right to say you are less!
Scripture says the following about our young men:
- Genesis 1:31– God saw Beauty in what he created: And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
- 1 Samuel 16:7 God looks at your heart and knows your beauty: “For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.
- Job 33:4 God’s spirit dwells within you. The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Let all our young men know: YOUR LIFE MATTERS!
WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
1. Like & Share the “YOUR LIFE MATTERS” FB page http://www.facebook.com/ylmproject
2. Post messages of affirmation on Facebook, Twitter, etc. using #yourlifematters
3. Upload inspiring photos of men of color using #yourlifematters
4. Record a video testimony on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc. using #yourlifematters
See Reverend Al Sharpton’s launch message below: