We can’t stop marching for our rights, people!
Already, NewsOne has received complains about poll workers not allowing people to vote. We are also getting complaints from our reporting partners–BlackAmericaWeb in particular–that people are waiting in line long lines to use ONE voting machine.
Right now, we are working on verifying some of these complaints. We are working with the National Action Network and The Advancement Project to help readers work through their voting issues.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
So far the, Advancement Project has this to say of what is happening on the ground:
Advancement Project, and our coalition partners, are investigating and addressing what seems to be a pattern in PA of poll workers turning away voters if they don’t have voter ID which violates the court order under our lawsuit that stipulated that voters do not need ID for this election. It’s not surprising, because despite the judge’s ruling, the state continued to run ads telling voters to get ID.
– Poll workers requiring photo ID all over state
– Poll workers not offering provisional ballots to voters who are not in the roll book; not calling voter registration hotline, not allowing registered voters to vote. (66th & Graham)
– Two wards where there are no language interpreters for voters who speak Spanish (precincts upon request).
– Delaware county and Philly suburbs: signs saying IDs are required
– Common Cause PA – voter received official govt flyer in email saying if you want to vote show it (using an old slogan pushing voter ID)
– Toledo Dayton Cleveland – optical scanners not working. When they don’t function you can still vote (ballots supposed to be scanned later).
– Reports of purged voters – people who were previously registered and showing up at polls and are not on the rolls.
– Columbus – person came in with video camera; believe person was with True the Vote.
– Poll workers are telling voters that special ink pens are required for voting, and the pens are out of ink so no one can vote (Apthorp Tower, 12900 Superior Ave.)
– Provisional ballots going into emergency ballot box which is full. Being worked on.
– Poll Workers saying only photo ID is permitted for voting (Glenville HS)
– Voting machines are getting jammed and are broken in at least 9 precincts. Voters are forced to use emergency ballots, which are overflowing ballot boxes. We have reported it to the Board of Elections which says it is working to resolve it. (vetted; precincts available upon request)
In addition in the states where polls are open, we are receiving reports of extremely long lines in many precincts, along with individual stories of determined, inspired voters.
To better help you, please send any of your complaints–along with video, photos or other documentation, if you have it–to NewsOne’s Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also reach me, Terrell J. Starr, Associate Editor at NewsOne, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will update this post with complaints–if they appear to be credible, of course. We will then follow-up on these complaints as best we can.
The March To Freedom is still on! Get out to vote and contact us if someone says you can’t!
List Of Voter Complaints
Name Of Person Reporting Irregularity: Richard Montgomery of Ohio (contacted N1 via Twitter)
Complaint: Claims polling station Is denying right to vote. No proper ID.
Source Of Evidence: YouTube