Saving money in our current economic environment is difficult. Now, more than ever, most of us are trying to find ways to save money that will make our paychecks go far enough to cover our basic needs.
MUST READ: Think You Know Miami? Think Again
Many of us don’t have enough to buy “extras” like car repair bills, new clothes, or taking our family out to eat.
MUST READ: Visit Barcelona On A Budget!
Here are 20 personal financial tips that i have found useful.
1) Evaluate the cost of your current lifestyle.
2) Track every penny of your spending for two weeks.
3) Save your change. It adds up quickly.
4) Change one spending behavior a week and put the savings into an account.
5) Write down your short term, mid-term, and long term financial goals and put them in a placw here you can see them everyday.
MUST READ: NY Brunch Spot Offers Foursquare Discount
6) Take care of your own financial responsibilities before taking on those of others.
7) Give yourself a weekly cash allowance for food and entertainment.
8) Teach your children the difference between wants and needs.
9) Plan your weekly food menu and shop with a list accordingly.